Tuesday, January 20

since i've been doing the whole 'indie rock' thing, i've considered that, for the most part, i listen to music that's pretty 'listenable,' if that makes any sense at all. essentially, i consider my musical tastes to be pretty in line with what the rest of my peer group would enjoy, had they been exposed to it.

generally, i'll bring 2 or 3 or 4 cd's to work each day, listening to them at extremely low volumes. keeps me sane during a long day, y'know?

today, i was listening to the postal service's give up, which i consider to be a tremendously enjoyable, catchy debut. i was so overcome by the greatness of 'recycled air' and 'we will become silhouettes' that i encouraged a couple of intern-roommates to bring it home with them as they left for lunch.

so they returned an hour later, and i asked intern andy what he thought. and intern greg responded "it scared me. it freaked me out."

i was incredulous. but i guess i've gotten over it.

as far as i know, the postal service is the only band that the entire rud-clan can agree upon. we're talking angry thrash rud (dave), indie rock rud (me), power pop rud (the boy), and everything else rud (annie).

that's all.