Wednesday, January 19

the grand majority (perhaps the entirety?) of those that read this site have had the pleasure (!) of, at some point in their lives, sharing a bedroom or apartment or dorm room or house with me. they tend to know that i am not what one would call an 'early riser,' and some might be familiar with my ability to do what i refer to as 'avoid sleep,' by generally killing time and doing nothing.

certainly, those who have shared living quarters with me are familiar with my cd alarm clock, which is extremely loud, and has been blasting the same elf power song for about four years now. (lucinda williams and the beach boys were other previous regulars, but i do like that elf power cut.)

at this point in time, i set three alarms: my cd clock, which goes off at about 735, my television, which turns on at 7:54, and my cell phone, which rings at 820. (work is at nine, and is no more than five minutes away, depending on the amount of ice scraping to be done.)

anyway, my tendency to not head towards bed (dig the recent post times) until i am approaching delirium probably hurt me this morning.

i headed to bed at about 245 or so last night, setting me up for a fairly short night of sleep. (i then read for another half-hour or so, so it was lights out at 315, because i'm an idiot.) it was peaceful sleep.

and then it was LOUD. very LOUD. and then i looked at the alarm, and shut it off. and then i looked at a clock, and i said "oh crap, it's 42 after." so i sprinted to the shower, and i scrubbed a bit, and i shampooed, and i brushed my teeth, and i neglected to shave (i can go about three days), and i threw on some clothes, and i sprinted out the door, and i rejoiced when there was no scraping to be done, and i pulled out of my lot, and i headed to the stadium, and i parked, and i noted that i was pulling in two minutes late, and i briskly walked to the office door with a sheepish grin, and i was greeted by "what the heck are you doing here rud?" and i responded "what?" and the retort came: "it's 8 o'clock."

sigh.

so i put in an extra hour today, although it did include some time-killing. (bear in mind, i'm usually a 8:58-9:02 arrival kind of guy. for the time being, departure is no later than 5:05. that'll shift within the next month, as things heat up and there's more to do.)

gosh, does anyone suck more than joss stone?