Wednesday, February 6

My sister is awesome, you know. She's also been confused, or not so much confused, but just abyss'ed. Away, then Chicago, then in the parents' house [I just wrote 'basement,' but that was me], then arts-ing, then thinking Chicago again, then, well, who knows.

So, anyway, last week, my sister got a real, real, grownup job. I'm proud of her. I'm proud of her. I'm so proud of her. Who knows? She knows, kind of.

What's cool is that she'll be doing something that she's good at and, from what I can tell, something that she's at least fairly excited about. And something that, to be honest, can have a pretty positive impact on people, though really just the children of the very wealthy.

See, my sister will be teaching "creative movement" to preschoolers, at some suburban private preschool. Or, anyway, maybe they're all private preschools - this one's of the hoity-toity variety, as they say.

"So, what'll you be doing, anyway, kiddo?"
"Well, on Thursday, during my working interview, I said Move like butterflies! Move like butterflies! Flap your wings like butterflies! Oooh, now we're in the water! What color fishies do you see? What color? Yes, yes, good! Wiggle like fishies! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle! Yay, fishies!"

See, this is fun.

And, because two year olds learn Spanish at her school, one kid kept saying that he saw fishies that were azul, which is cool, in its own way.

The school is named after the French saying, one that Americans often use to signify top-notchedness. What does this mean? Though they only teach Spanish to the two year olds, they answer the phone by saying, "Bonjour, Creme de la Creme."

My sister will be changing her last name to Cartier. She'll fit right in.