Tuesday, November 26

yesterday i received in the mail a pair of cd's that i had purchased a few weeks ago on ebay. cds that I had downloaded, but that I though warranted purchase, especially at dirt-cheap-ish ebay prices. Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and Wowee Zowee. I like Crooked Rain more, I think. Catchier, I'd say. Granted, I've only been through CD versions of them 3 or 4 times, and the computerized version between 5 and 10, but there's more immediately catchy about crcr. Especially the opener, and [obviously] cut your hair. range life. gold sounds. pretty great---perhaps better than slanted and enchanted. i can live without the noise jams on both crooked rain and wowee zowee...particularly on each album's penultimate track. hit the plane down for cr, and i'm not sure what it's called on the latter. but good good purchases.
this sounds like i don't like wowee zowee. i do. just don't love it like i love the 'crook.