Tuesday, January 7

I've just found out about an artist named cody chestnuTT [he thinks the TT thing is cool] who is apparently on the verge of taking over the world. I dig him. I dig anyone who can sing "I can do anything I want / because I look good in leather" with a straight face. The album was self-released and not so widely available at the moment, but apparently there's a major label deal on the way. Spin already placed the record,Headphone Masterpiece. in its top 40 of 2002...MTV says that April 30 is the date for major label release.

I'll probably buy it beforehand...those bastards at amazon are offering it in a package deal with The Streets' album, another acclaimed genre-hopping release. I might be a sucker, we'll see.

In other news, you've got a chance to get between 5 and 20 bucks if you purchased a CD, LP or cassette between 1995 and 2000, during which time the major labels were colluding to keep prices up (list prices up to 18.99? I'd say they're still doing it). Anyway, click here to get your piece of the pie.

Cats and Iowa tomorrow, Big Ten opener. Also a purple shirt and wildcats tie day. A good matchup to open the big ten season--home, against an okay team. I'm looking forward to a 1-0 big ten start.