Thursday, September 11

it's job search time here in the 'port (it's always job search time here in the 'port) and, with nobody to check me, it's also over-inflated ego time.

i'm sitting here listening to 138-plus games worth of highlights and interviews and clean half-innings of work and it excites me. it's probably a problem, but every new snippet i hear, i think "damn. i'm good" or "i've gotta be the best ever. the best. ever." or "rud rules, chip drools."

it's probably not healthy, but it's nice to feel good about myself, y'know?

it's also nothing that a couple of rejection letters and unreturned phone calls won't solve.

another over-confidence-ilization came a few weeks ago, when i was talking to my mom. they had just returned from dropping my sister off at school, and had happened to come across a double-a radio broadcast on the way back. according to my mom, "[i'm] way better than the guy [they] heard." if that doesn't make a cover letter, i don't know what does.

woof.