Wednesday, November 12

big big phone conversation night. steve sacks at 915, followed by matt pearl at 1115 (which leaves me writing at 1245). sacksy's quite excited about the worst 5-5 team in the history of college football (my words, not his), while pearl is enjoying being the most popular sports reporter in sioux city (again, my words, not his).

unfortunately, pearl has proven to be a "visit-tease." you see, while on my lunch break, i received the phone message in which he invited me to visit him during iowa state football semifinals weekend (this friday), as he'd be covering it and i'd not be far from it. my hopes were high. i returned his call this evening, and he responded in kind, with the news that he'd not be around on friday.

but the conversation was still wonderful, regarding playmakers and steve weissman and iowans.

so, from the highest of the high to the lowest of the low. sigh.

michael stipe's an awful late night talk show interview. but, then again, carson daly's an awful interviewer.