Wednesday, December 3

this afternoon my favorite fat bald men, tony kornheiser and mike wilbon, were discussing whether or not parity is good for the nfl. as i recall, their conclusion was that the nfl's the only league that can survive such parity, but that it probably was better to have dominant teams. people like dynasties, to a point.

i'll agree with the statement that i like dynasties and a lack of parity, but i have different reasons. you see, i've been enlisted to make the picks in my mom's nfl pool this week. my dad's been doing it, but he slumped last week, and now he's soliciting my help. he's begging.

and, of course, this happens to be...THE WEEK FROM HELL.

I mean, even the games that are supposed to be easy, like 8-4 Carolina at 2-10 Atlanta, are extremely difficult. KC at Denver, I guess, should be an easy pick. But it's not. Sucks. Pressure's on.

i'll post my perhaps awful picks tomorrow.

In other news, nemo, who graciously hosted me for one-and-a-half nights this past weekend, is phenomenally talented at (aiding me in) turning an intended 4-minute conversation into 40 minutes. and for that i am grateful.

conan just referred to jon lovitz as 'one of the funniest people on the planet.' ewww.

UPDATE, 20 minutes later:
first, to rico: i just noticed that san fran's hosting arizona, who just allowed 28 points to the bears. i start whoever dennis erickson starts.

and now, my picks for the week...can one really put 15 points on a loss by the tuna? yes.

16 - SAN FRANCISCO over arizona
15 - PHILADELPHIA over dallas
14 - NEW ENGLAND over miami
13 - GREEN BAY over chicago
12 - TENNESSEE over indianapolis - is that really allowed?
11 - MINNESOTA over seattle
10 - kansas city over DENVER
9 - new york jets over BUFFALO
8 - PITTSBURGH over oakland
7 - cincinnati over BALTIMORE
6 - washington over NEW YORK GIANTS
5 - DETROIT over san diego
4 - ATLANTA over carolina
3 - tampa bay over NEW ORLEANS
2 - houston over JACKSONVILLE
1 - CLEVELAND over st. louis