Wednesday, September 21

the white sox are utterly incapable of blowing this. it's too tough. you don't win games like tonight's game (in which they blew it a few times) and still come back to blow it. just my belief.

why baseball is the greatest game ever: the tension on every pitch. the knowledge that if you miss a pitch, you could miss Crede's game-winning home run. Call me crazy, but...nobody in the AL is that good. And, nobody in the AL can match Buerhle/Buehrle - Garcia - Garland - McCarthy - - - provided they're somewhat on. I don't buy Schilling, or, for that matter, Arroyo/Wakefield. AFter Colon, and after Lackey, you've got Santana, right? The Yankees stink. Cliff Lee and Jake Westbrook and (your Cy Young Winner, it turns out) Kevin Millwood? I'll take the Sox quartet.

So, no, the Sox offense is probably not good enough. But, then again, they're built to win 2-1 games, right?

For some reason, Hawkeroo hates Jenks but loves Rowand. Ditto for DJ. Rowand made two awful plays in the late innings. He started back on a flare to center in the top of the eighth inning... DJ even said as much on his "play-by-play." Then, in analyzing the play, DJ said "No way he could've gotten to that." But, it was clear, he could.

Then, the ninth. Jenks allows the tying run. Sure, a leadoff walk, but Rowand's "I got it, I got it, you got it" play on a line drive at him led to the biggest play of the inning, the double. (Hawks call: "Aaron...Aaron...no, no, no, no...he'll stop at third."

End of the inning, "The leadoff walk does him in again." (It was the awful defense. He worked around the walk.)

- - - - - -

Watched My Name Is Earl tonight. It showed promise, but I think the concept will wear thin.

Highlights: "The secret of life coming straight from Carson Daly's lips to my morphine-riddled ears." (he learns about karma)

"Yeah, well I want a legitimate baby and a wife that doesn't huff paint on Thanksgiving." (to his ex-wife, who smacks him around when she finds out he won the lottery)

In other news, The Office also seems funny. Tuesday's'll be okay, it seems.

- - - - - - -

Busy upcoming nights...
Wednesday - Softball
Thursday - Work, I'm pretty sure
Friday - Work, I think

I'm trying to make the weekend productive, listening to tapes to get ready for the offseason. I don't think any real interesting college games are on this weekend, so I'll be free after Cats-Lions and Hawkeyes-Buckeyes in the early game.

- - - - - -

Flipped over to Sportscenter for a moment today. Saw WNBA finals highlights. The phrase "And the Maloof brothers finally get their championship!" was uttered. I bet they're just as excited.