Monday, December 2

christmas shopping. generally, or at least sometimes, it means I get a gift for myself. That's not good, at least monetarily speaking. Perhaps good to entertain myself, however. I bought Joy Division's 'Closer.' I've been listening to/absorbing/meditating to/loving beyond loving the current Interpol album 'Turn on the Bright Lights.' Every comparision mentions Joy Division. Closer's their 'essential' one. I'll listen to it a bit later tonight, as I read before bed.
I've got about 60 pages left in On the Road. It's entertaining. But I've had it 5 weeks. Should be done by now. [I find myself getting absorbed in magazines and newspapers too frequently. Two straight weeks, I've acquired a Chicago Reader. I consume that thing. don't understand the magnetism, honestly] Next on the reading list: Harry Potter IV, followed by the baseball history book "Lords of the Realm."

Closing thought: How many people consider jumping down the trash chute, just to see what's there? How many have? Discuss.