Friday, March 31

As of Tuesday night, I was officially stamped "Employable," so that's pretty exciting. I'll be headed up to northern Michigan in two weeks, and won't leave there until I'm deemed "Unemployable," or until I find another sucker. It's really pretty exciting, I think.

There's an apartment (or, rather, a room in an apartment) and, from what I gather, a mattress, waiting for me when I get there - who says that minor league (check that, Independent) baseball offers no benefits? - so no need to find an apartment between now and then.

However, needs include:
- A new pair of shoes
- A visit to the eye doctor
- A visit to Wrigley Field (I'm targeting Thursday the 13th, against Cincinnati. I'm imagining a 500-level ticket and a scorecard.)

I guess that's it. So the next two weeks won't be that busy.

That leaves a maximum of six more days of temp employment left. I'm taking Opening Day off because I can, and leaving the following Tuesday, the 11th. Because I've not actually done anything in the last six days, I don't feel that bad about leaving. Awesome.

- - - - - - - -

Big weekend scheduled. Bob Pollard at Metro tonight. Nemo in Ann Arbor Saturday and Sunday. Wow. Awesome.

- - - - - - - -

About the last three mornings, I've woken up with VH1 on the television. This was by design. Each of those last three mornings, the Sheryl Crow-Sting single came on. As I'm writing this (or rather, just moments before I wrote this), I heard Sting's first vocal verse for the first time (I've flipped the channel each of the previous three times). God, it's awful. That's it.

- - - - - - - -

The little sis came out to trivia last night. We were victorious in the all-important fourth round. I think that means she's required to come in each of the next two weeks.

- - - - - - - -

You may recall Flax's badass "Greatest Songs Ever" tournament last summer. It was fun. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was the winner, which wasn't particularly surprising.

A Flax compatriot has started a Sebadoh-themed "Gimme Indie Rock" tournament, focusing on "indie"/"college"/"underground" stuff. Really, a pretty broad field, but it's more interesting. However, Pavement's "Range Life" is about to get knocked out in the first round, in favor of The Specials' "A Message To You Rudy," which is just embarrassing. Please fight the good fight on Malkmus' behalf here.

Also, I will ask you to stuff the ballot box when "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" and "I Am A Scientist" pop up. Might as well start now. Sigh.