Sunday, February 10

I've never gotten on an ebay kick. I've never sold or purchased anyone's soul, and I've never sought out phallic snack foods, I've never even investigated the procurement of reasonable but necessary things like cell phone batteries. (I need a cell phone battery, and quite badly.)

My ebay purchases have all been music-related: Three posters (one totally-kickin' Travis poster, which is pretty uncool, as well as more-uncool posters featuring The White Stripes and The Strokes) and about five CDs were the limit, until a recent kick.

The recent kick has included:

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Darklands
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Honey's Dead
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Stoned & Dethroned [note that both band and record names include ampersands]

This is totally dorky, but also represents net investment of less than $25.

However, it's very reasonable. As someone who fears file sharing (I'm dumb, and my use of Pando may have led to my computer being virus-ized on Friday morning/afternoon [hence, the lack of a direct link to Pando, which I still believe is a strong service) or, perhaps, is not resourceful enough to do it efficiently, ebay has become my new conduit to fantastic back-catalogs.

I believe that I'll try to get a hard copy of R.E.M.'s New Adventures in Hi-Fi next, and I am still without hard copies of GbV's Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes (Lesson One: Only loan CDs to those deemed trustworthy after several months of acquaintanceship - this would not include first month flaky baseball interns), so those should be on the list.

Also, further inspection has revealed that Siamese Dream, while it does include "Disarm" and "Today," does not include "1979." Now, the fact is that "1979" is the reason I was inspired to purchase Siamese Dream. Therefore, Mellen Collie may be next. Hmm.

I should go eat my face. I'm a dork.