Tuesday, January 14

i don't know what to make of this, but i just thought of it, and i'll mention it here.

i work in an office of six (five at the time of the story). it's a nice, happy office. i genuinely like the people i work with, and i think everyone is on pretty good terms with everyone else.

as such, around holiday season, gifts were in order. myself and my fellow underlings chipped in to purchase restaurant gift certificates for the non-underlings. i purchased no gifts for my fellow underlings, although i received cards from both of them (made me sort of feel like a turd, but that happens...)

anyway, at the staff meeting the friday before christmas, my fellow underlings and i presented the gift to the non-underlings (they seemed pleased) and non-underling b. presented gifts to his non-underling counterpart as well as to myself and fellow underlings. as this was happening, underling a. said something to the effect of "oh man! your gifts haven't arrived yet..."

of course, three-plus weeks later, the gifts still haven't arrived [i'm only assuming---this hasn't been stated.] of course, this would lead me to believe that the gifts were never purchased or ordered, which is sort of lame coming from the most well-off member of the office. i mean, i spent 3 percent of my bi-weekly pay check on this man, and he comes up with nothing?

it's not a big deal, but it is a bit lame.

[i once purchased a gift for my brother, the mighty mighty bosstones' ska, core, the devil and more, but ordered it as C.O.D. whether the delivery man ever came, i'll never know. i do know that, if he did come, nobody was there to give him his C.O.D., so he went home. it's still a topic of jokes. then again, i was pretty young, and making an effort to purchase a gift for my brother was a nice move. a for effort.]