Monday, December 9

received in the mail a few days ago a survey from, i believe, the university of georgia. the survey was sent to recent communications and journalism graduates, not to assess the quality of education that these students received, but instead to address the post-collegiate job availablility, which is, i guess, the purpose of college. and lemme tell you, if the question was quality of education, i'd say 'i didn't learn much' because i didn't. but medill being the alleged finest journalism school in the country--i believe broadcast is ranked second--jobs sort of appear. and medill alums, recent ones, are everywhere. amy rao and mike lowe at wlns in lansing--a fairly good-sized market. myself, getting a full season job before graduation. f-ler, with his short-season job lined up, due to persistence on his part and their comfort with an nu grad, i'd think. and today, i open sports illustrated, and in the section where they talk about a former cover man/woman, the story's written by andrea woo. understand, andrea woo graduated, i believe, two years ahead of me. and now she's doing si? bylined in the same issue as richard hoffer [the second best writer going] and the week after gary smith [the best writer going.] ?!? incredible. go cats, indeed.


other news: the bears are so bad, they're nearly unwatchable. and they're content to suck with their brittle, washed-up crappy quarterbacks instead of their young, athletic crappy quarterback. i say--go 3-13, and hope like hell the bengals go with carson palmer with the top pick, leaving the bears to get the new black jesus [earl monroe was the original] - byron leftwich.


warning: the following is a test to experiment with my undeveloped html skills.

It's album of the year time, and I'm torn. This is not unlike 1999, where The Soft Bulletin was perhaps the greatest artistic accomplishment of the year. But the best? I don't know. My favorite? I don't know. And I'm never sure if I'm supposed to rank my favorite, or the best. Probably my favorite, but a little of the best. Anyway, as I've said, I'm torn. My top four are pretty much set out above the rest, but I'm not sure what my favorite of those four is. Changes whenever I hear it. But, for now, I'll say that Kill the Moonlight earns the spot. I don't know what Heather Phares was thinking. That's why I always say, "A woman's place is the kitchen."