Thursday, December 5

you may have read about my pal fred here before. fred's a super guy...on occassion, fred has kept me sane at work. a good guy. today fred broke all rules of male friendship. guys' night out. beer and wings. fred says he's bringing a girl. a girl whos 18 [fred's 25, i think.] this is a clear breach of etiquette. i arrive at 940 or so, order my pitcher, look like a lame-o with my pitcher and no one to share it. fred arrives, girl in tow. waitress asks fred and companion for id. 'i just want a pepsi,' companion says. waitress: 'you have to be 21 after 9.' c: 'i'm going to eat a meal. can't i stay if i eat?' [my note: companion clearly does NOT need an extra meal] w: 'have to be 21.' c: 'he [indicating fred] is my brother.' w: 'you need to have your parents if you want to stay.' c: 'i'll call my mom.' so she CALLS HER MOM. AND HER MOM COMES. so guys night out [keith had arrived by this point] becomes keith and me and fred and 18-year-old companion and 18-year-old companion's mom [apparently a regular] and 25-30-year-old straggler chick. [the latter two were at a different table, as were fred and companion for some of the time. keith and i made fun of fred. he's so oblivious.] and then she picks up fred's beer and wings, and not mine or keith's. as a wise man once wrote in instant messenger form, WTF !?!?!