Wednesday, December 18

"second winds suck." I almost, at 2 a.m. last night [that is, technically--this morning], turned on the computer made that paradoxical [perhaps ironic? I'll go with "funny"] observation. You see, I was dead-tired about 1030 last night, but then... I picked up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire significantly before the first challenge. And yet, I read all the way through the Christmas Party, fully 120 pages or so. I should have gone to sleep.


And now, I feel that tiredness once again. But I'll probably read through the next challenge or so. It's pretty amazing writing. I don't know when I was last so captivated...perhaps as a pseudo-rebellious sophomore reading Catcher in the Rye. An impeccable eye for detail, that J.K. Rowling has. Any word on the fifth installment?


In other news, my top ten for 2002 is created, and I've decided to link the page, imageless. It looked a lot more impressive with the album covers, rather than with the little red x's. I'll figure it out at some point. And it gots to be soon---I'll probably be away from this dreamweaver-possessing computer for about 10 days starting Monday.


Anyway, take a look at the official RedHotHalos Top Ten of 2002 . You'll also noticed it's linked on the left.


When I figure out what I'm doing, I might try to create a 2001 list [I recently tweaked the original] page, and perhaps pages for '00, '99, and '98...dating back to when I started listening to music. I mean, paying attention and all.


In other news, I downloaded the four unreleased songs The Strokes have been playing [listed in what I believe to be order of first performance]: "Meet Me in the Bathroom," "Ze Newie," "You Talk Way Too Much," and "In Her Prime." Best title? "In Her Prime." Best song? At this point, I vote "Ze Newie." I sure hope they do something soon. Is This It? is an absolute classic.