Tuesday, June 3

i read this fascinating article a few years ago about how (due to a lack of jobs for the highly-educated, or something) american companies are employing indian college graduates as telephone customer service people. apparently, this is considered a high-quality job or something.

they adopt american names, and speak in vague terms while engaging in unnecessary small talk.

i spoke with harry today. he had a heavy indian accent (and asked me how the weather was. and informed me that 'it's been hot' lately). he was helpful in renewing my stolen america online account. (or rather, he gave me three more months on the account that i had obtained for free and was about to cancel because my free time was up. such is the life of a minor league baseball employee.)

a bit fascinating, as i said. although i'm probably completely incorrect.