Wednesday, February 27

I got lots and lots of food from my mom this weekend. She claims it's a great joy - I claim it was a novelty initially, and now it's become another motherly task. I love this motherly task, but I feel bad when I wake up Sunday morning, drive home, arrive in The Ring Fingernail, and realize something like eight full grocery bags and a cooler stocked with produce and frozen meat. That's a lot of food.

I feel especially bad when I realize that she packed the car, which leaves my net time investment of zero (after all, I just got in the car, then drove it), and her net time investment of several hours and several hundred dollars (on food, several hundred dollars' worth, and time, packaging, packing, etc). Also, she paid for gas.

I'm a terrible son. Or at least, a son who is very good at taking free stuff.

What's worse is that I've eaten none of this free food this week. Well, a few frozen fish things, and the salad, and lots and lots of crackers, but I've only had the meat once. Tomorrow will be my third day of pasta and tomatoes for lunch. (Today was fish+peas, which was awesome, and just about always my favorite.)

Pasta and tomatoes for lunch is great, but I feel like I should have something more fantastic, in light of the pounds and pounds and pounds and pounds and pounds of properly-packaged meat I've acquired in the last four days.

Oh well.