Monday, March 10

So, I got home from work today and checked my mail. I get home and check my mail everyday, of course.

There were three items:

1) Large envelope from third-tier MBA program that has been sending me large envelopes for several months.

2) Financial Statement

3) Large envelope from the IRS

Large envelopes from the IRS suck. I sent in my tax return, say, a month ago. I didn't even cheat on it. Seriously, I didn't cheat. And I sent in lots and lots and lots of worksheets, along with my W-2. I didn't know why I'd be receiving an envelope from the IRS.

I knew this envelope wouldn't be a check.
a) Too thick for a check.
b) I asked for Direct Deposit.

So, I was concerned. I didn't cheat, after all, but why would the IRS need to send me a large envelope?

So I opened the large envelope. Along with my return, a light blue slip of paper:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

NOTICE 649

(Rev. December 2003)

You Forgot to
Sign Your Return


Ladies and gentlemen, your intrepid blogger is an idiot.

I signed it. I returned it. I'll wait another month. Sigh.


- - - - - - - -

The worst part of the Eastern time zone...even after being here two years, I still haven't adjusted to the whole "Letterman is on at 11:30" thing.

I never make it to Letterman, and it sucks.

Tonight, from Letterman:

"I like that John McCain. ... He reminds me of one of those guys that spends all day...waiting for the mail."
[audience chuckles]
"I mean, he reminds you of one of those guys that dates your mom."
[more chuckles]
"Or like one of those guys who calls waitresses 'Toots.' 'Hey, Toots, more coffee if you don't mind, eh?'"

This is why I like Letterman.

Okay. Done.